Wed, April 01, 2020
Click here to view the webinar recording. Webinar runtime: 60 minutes
PRCI invites you to join the Design, Materials & Construction Technical Committee as they present guidelines to determine erosional velocity limits for liquid hydrocarbon transmission pipelines.
This webinar will provide attendees with:
• A summary of the approach followed by the PRCI research project to develop a guideline to calculate erosional velocities for liquid hydrocarbon transmission pipelines, which will allow pipeline operators to reduce capital costs when designing new pipelines or provide engineering justification for increasing the throughput of existing facilities (e.g., DRA), while maintaining pipeline integrity relative to the threat of erosion.
• A detailed explanation on how to apply the guideline, with emphasis on the following two multi-analytical probabilistic methods:
1) Using a third party visualization tool (Spotfire) to extract information from the erosional database
2) Classification Tree, for a first approximation of erosional rates with limited information
• Examples based on specific cases provided in advance by the attendees.
Who should attend?
• Pipeline design engineers
• Liquid pipeline operators
• Pipeline construction personnel
PR-186-184509-R01 Guideline for Erosional Velocity
Not able to attend? Register anyway to automatically receive a link to the webinar recording to view on-demand at your convenience.
Attendance is limited to the first 500 registrants to join the webinar. All remaining registrants will receive a link to view the webinar recording.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
Visit the PRCI website to see more webinars that may be of interest to you.